Every student has their own style and approach to leadership within their organization. As you grow personally and professionally, it is important for you to pick up some key skills and experiences that will help you find the pathway to fulfill your greatest potential.
Pathways is a LeadUH program designed for leaders in University Sponsored and Affiliated Organizations (USO and AO). Through engaging in Pathways, students will deepen their connection to a community of diverse leaders including alumni, staff, and other student leaders. Pathways will help USO and AO leaders discover their abilities in areas such as decision making, communication, leadership, and personal development.
Benefits of Participating
- Students who participate will:
- Create social connections and relationships with their other USO/AO leaders.
- Learn about skills and experiences they developed as a USO/AO leader through discussion with alumni.
- Understand the Scarlet Seals of Excellence program and the process to submit their seals.
Requirements to Complete:
Have a held position in one of the following organizations:
- Activities Funding Board
- The Cougar
- Council for Cultural Activities
- Homecoming Board
- Frontier Fiesta
- Metropolitan Volunteer Program
- Student Government Association
- Student Program Board
Pathways is designed to be completed in a one year timeframe. To complete the Pathways program, participants must complete:
- Map out your Pathway at the Pathways Kick-Off session
- 3 out of 4 fireside chats
- 4 LeadUH workshops of your choice
- Attend 1 Snacks and Seals
- Submit 1 Scarlet Seal of your choice
Schedule of Events
|Pathways Kick-Off||8/13/21, 10 am - 11:30 am|
|Fireside Chat*||9/24/21, 10 am - 11:30 am|
|Fireside Chat||11/5/21, 10 am - 11:30 am|
|Snacks & Seals**||12/3/21, 10 am - 11:30 am|
|Snacks & Seals||Feb|
|Submit Scarlet Seals||March|
|Scarlet Seals Ceremony||April|
Spring 2022 dates will be updated at the end of the Fall semester.
*Fireside Chats will provide an opportunity for alumni to share what they have gained as a student leader and how they use these experiences in their career. At the end of each session, students will be able to engage with a Q&A session with the speaker.
**During this event, students can bring their documents and submissions and the advising team will give feedback for student leaders before submitting their Scarlet Seal.