Do you love where you live? Joining the Impact Living Learning Community (LLC) will give you the chance to explore the city of Houston in a new way. Together we will explore one of the most culturally diverse cities through participating in service projects and learning about all that Houston has to offer. We will focus on a variety of social issues throughout the year including hunger and homelessness, health and wellness, children and education, and the environment and sustainability. As we explore each social issue, you will learn how to think globally and act locally to have a positive impact on your community. The 2021-2022 community will be housed in The Quad and is open for enrolled students with sophomore standing or higher.
Benefits of participating in the Impact Living Learning Community include:
- Participate in service projects with a dedication to learning and growth
- Gain transferable skills that will serve you throughout your college experience
- Participate in social/bonding activities with community members
- Live in a positive social and academic environment
- Learn about social issues facing local and global communities, and how to make a difference
- Connection to service organizations and leadership opportunities