The Center will help create a welcoming and supportive campus community by organizing events and programs that encourage interaction, collaboration, and mutual respect among students. These activities will promote a sense of connection and foster positive relationships among the student population. Examples of events could include:
- Programs that promote a welcoming climate and cultural competency
- Support student-parent programming
- Mixer-type events for relationship and community building between students, faculty, and staff.
- Heritage month and cultural programs and celebrations
- Educational events and programming, including a speaker series, celebrating UH as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), Minority Serving Institution (MSI), and as an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
- Multicultural music, dance, and art sessions to introduce students to this art through the lens of culture.
- Create an RSO consortium that meets quarterly to discuss and improve the campus culture and student experience for all students.