The Center for Applied Psychological Research is a center housed within the University of Houston Industrial and Organizational Psychology program that offers a variety of professional services to both public and private sector organizations. Faculty lead cutting-edge applied research projects that offer evidence-based solutions to common challenges faced by organizations. These projects are staffed by doctoral students in industrial and organizational psychology who assist in conducting applied research projects and disseminating research findings to key stakeholders.
What We Offer
CAPR leverages the scientific expertise of UH faculty to offer solutions tailored to each organization’s distinctive needs. We utilize state-of-the-art research practices to conduct applied research. Services vary depending upon the needs of the organization. However, we typically develop and implement solutions, collect information from organizational employees, and feedback this information via presentations and technical reports.
We are able to offer these services because these projects offer opportunities for doctoral students to acquire research and consulting skills, and the data collected as a part of these projects is subsequently utilized for scientific research, including student theses and dissertations. Thus, CAPR serves multiple roles by offering science-based solutions to organizations, facilitating doctoral student learning, and providing a resource to conduct high quality, scientific research.
- Cross-Cultural Training
- Employee Engagement
- Employee Recruitment, Selection, Compensation, and Retention
- Employee Training, including needs assessment, training design, and train evaluation
- Equal Opportunity, Sexual Harassment, and Diversity Management
- Leader Selection, Assessment, and Development, including 360-degree feedback systems and coaching
- Organizational Change & Development
- Organizational Network Analysis
- Performance Management, including design of performance management systems and rater training
- Team or Unit Processes, such as cohesion
- Union Organizing
- Well-Being, Stress, Flexible Work Practices, and Work-Life Balance
Former and Current Clients
- World Health Organization
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- The City of Houston
- Interstate Natural Gas Association
- Saudi Aramco
- Esso Angola
If your organization is interested in the services offered by CAPR, please contact one of the principal investigators. You may also click on their names to learn more about each person’s area of expertise.
Christiane Spitzmueller, Ph.D.
Robert Eisenberger, Ph.D.