In our graduate program, journalism and mass communication students primarily study the following:How we consume media, and the impact of its exposure
- News and entertainment audiences: How we consume media? Media habits, selectivity, access to content, and audience psychographics
- Media effects: how media content impacts audience’s knowledge, opinion and behavior?
- Media industries and digital platforms: how do corporations and digital platforms operate and effect on our perceived social reality?
- COMM 6310 - Mass Comm Theory and Research
- COMM 6317 - Media Effects
- COMM 6364 - Media & Politics in a Digital Age
- COMM 6350 - Social Media Impact and Implications
- COMM 6363 - Media, Globalization & Social Change
For a full list of graduate-level courses at the Valenti School of Communication, view the UH Graduate Catalog.