Applying to Our Master's Program
The graduate program at the Valenti School of Communication accepts applications for fall semesters only. All required application materials must be received by the application deadlines outline below in order to be considered complete and submitted for review by the admission committee.
All applications are reviewed by the Valenti School of Communication's admission committee. Afterwards, a recommendation will be made to the Dean's Office in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. Approve applicants will be notified via an official letter or email.
- Priority Applicants: January 15, 2024
- Domestic Applicants: June 1, 2024
- International Applicants: April 15, 2024
Keep in mind that all of the materials in the application packet are factored into admission decisions.
Below, we have outlined the requirements for both unconditional - or, guaranteed - admission and conditional admission into its graduate program. These acceptance statuses are impacted by the strength of the student's application.
Unconditional vs. Conditional
To be considered eligible for unconditional acceptance, a prospective student must have the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an accredited institution. Students may have to complete required leveling courses if they do not have adequate background in the degree they are pursuing. Please be aware that these leveling courses will likely extend how long it takes to complete the program.
- A minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA in the last 60 undergraduate hours attempted
Students who have earned several grades of C or below in undergraduate communication courses will not be deemed eligible for this level of admission.
Applicants who do not meet the criteria for unconditional acceptance might be considered for conditional acceptance. Any student admitted conditionally must demonstrate the following:
- A GPA of at least 2.7/4.0 in the last 60 hours
- A GPA of at least 3.00 in communication hours
- Additional application materials that suggest the student can succeed in this graduate program. For example acceptable GRE scores.