The Post-Baccalaureate Leveling Program is designed to provide the prerequisite courses needed to apply to the graduate program in communication sciences and disorders at UH for individuals who have already obtained a bachelor’s degree in an area other than communication sciences and disorders or speech-language pathology.
Leveling Program Facts
- No prior courses in communication sciences and disorders are need to apply to the Post-Baccalaureate Leveling Program.
- Acceptance into the Post-Baccalaureate Leveling Program does not guarantee admission into the graduate program in Communication Sciences and Disorders at UH.
- Coursework is typically one year or three semesters. A part-time (i.e., two year) program is available.
- The prerequisites taken during our Post-Baccalaureate Leveling Program are designed to prepare you for the UH graduate program in COMD. Other graduate programs may have different requirements.
- The Post-Baccalaureate Leveling Program is not a degree-granting program. You will not obtain a second bachelor's degree by completing this program.
- You must begin in the fall semester.
- All of the courses are offered during the daytime. If you work during the day, you will need to adjust your work schedule to accommodate your classes.
- The Post-Baccalaureate Leveling Program does not lead to the attainment of the Texas State Teaching Certificate (additional coursework is required).
- The Post-Baccalaureate Leveling Program does not lead to the attainment of a speech-language pathology assistant license (additional experience is required).
For more information about the policies and procedures of the Post-Baccalaureate Leveling Program in Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Houston, please visit this link to our current PB Handbook.
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Melcher Life Sciences
3871 Holman St., Room M242
Houston, TX 77204-6018