- Ph.D., Religious Studies (Religious Studies; Buddhist Studies), University of the West.
- M.A., Religious Studies (Religious Studies; Buddhist Studies), University of the West.
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University.
Buddhist Studies; Mahayana Buddhist Studies; Early Buddhist Studies; Zen Buddhism; Buddhist Mindfulness Practice; Asian Religions.
- Huynh, Trung. (2018). The Early Development of Buddhism in the Red River Delta Basin-Jiaozhi: The Case of a Sogdian-Jiaozhi Buddhist Monk Kang Senghui 康僧會 in Southern China. Saarbrücken, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing. Print.
- Huynh, Trung. (2016). A reappraisal of Kumarajiva role in medieval Chinese Buddhism. Saarbrücken, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing. Print.
- Huynh, Trung. (July, 2013). Why did Ambedkar Choose Buddhism to liberate his depressed classes? Was his failure in politics leading him to Buddhism? Living in Peace: Insights from Buddhism, Honolulu: Hawaii, 2013. 265-283. Print.
Classes taught at UH
- Introduction to Buddhism - RELS 2360
- Introduction to Asian Religions - RELS 3380
- Buddhist Meditation - RELS 3396
- Buddhist Mindfulness Practice - RELS 3396
Panel Presentation, “Eastern Practice of Mindfulness Goes Mainstream,” 34th Annual Meeting of the Association of Third World Studies, Indiana University Southeast, November 20-22th, 2016.