The Online Admissions Application information link and the contact information listed on this page are only for students applying to the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) Program.
Students wishing to apply for admission into a graduate degree or residency/fellowship program should select their program of interest on the Prospective Students page.
Fall 2019 Admissions
The Application DEADLINE has been EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 1, 2019.
To apply online for the Pharm.D. program for Fall 2019, visit www.pharmcas.org.
For thorough information about our admission requirements, go to our PharmCAS school page. The PharmCAS school pages are a helpful tool for side-by-side comparisons of Pharm.D. programs' admission requirements.
The University of Houston College of Pharmacy participates in the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS), a national centralized application service that offers the convenience of one general application for multiple doctor of pharmacy degree programs.
Need some guidance on completing your application? Check out our recent Admissions Webinar on how to complete the PharmCAS and UHCOP Supplemental Application.
The UH College of Pharmacy requires a Supplemental Application and a Supplemental Application fee ($100) to be submitted online to the UH College of Pharmacy.
UHCOP applicants are to:
- Submit their PharmCAS application to PharmCAS without delay.
- Complete and submit the online UHCOP Supplemental Application electronically without delay.
- Provide the supplemental application fee ($100) and all applicable Supplemental Application materials directly to the UH College of Pharmacy by posted deadlines.
The UH College of Pharmacy cannot access an applicant's PharmCAS record until the PharmCAS processing team has verified the applicant's information (i.e. PharmCAS application, college transcript[s], processed PharmCAS fee, etc.).
As PharmCAS processing may take up to five weeks once all required materials are received, applicants are encouraged to apply early.
The UHCOP Supplemental Application consists of:
- $100.00 nonrefundable Supplemental Application Fee (credit or debit)
- Request for International Transcript Evaluation Process (if applicable)
- Residency Questionnaire (documentation may be required if requesting in-state 'Texas' residency)
- Important Disclosures
- Technical Standards
- Certification Page
Preliminary PCAT Scores
We will accept the Preliminary PCAT Score Report for PCAT test days so long as it is uploaded within your PharmCAS application shortly after completing the PCAT exam. Your PharmCAS ID should be clearly written on the PCAT Student Score report.
Instructions for uploading Preliminary PCAT Score Report to PharmCAS:
- Write your PharmCAS ID in the top right-corner of the Student Score Report
- Scan the Student Score Report. It must be easily readable and cannot be any larger than 5MB in size
- Access your PharmCAS account and upload the Student Score Report in the Program Materials section for the University of Houston College of Pharmacy, in the Documents tab
- Review the PharmCAS application instructions for more information on how to properly upload documents to your PharmCAS account
Offers of acceptance to applicants taking the PCAT will be made with the understanding that offers are dependent upon submission of official results of the PCAT. Select PharmCAS Code 104 to report PCAT scores directly to PharmCAS.
Mailing items directly to UHCOP
The following items are to be mailed directly to UHCOP to be included with the applicant's record:
- Official U.S. high school transcript to verify completion of one year of high school physics (ONLY if requesting College Physics exemption)
- Credit by Examination Documentation (if applicable)
An official transcript in a sealed envelope from your college/university indicating earned college credit (i.e. AP scores, CLEP exams, etc). Specific course names and course numbers awarded must be clearly indicated on the transcript for credit to be recognized. (Note: Transcripts sent to PharmCAS may already have college credit listed.)
For more information, visit http://www.las.uh.edu/uts/uh-credit-by-examination.aspx
- Official, sealed international transcripts (ONLY if requesting International Coursework Evaluation)
If possible, include the PharmCAS ID with any items mailed to UHCOP.
Applications missing any required items by the FEBRUARY 1, 2019, deadline will be considered INCOMPLETE, and denied automatically, without review by the admissions committee. The only exception is that we WILL accept February 2019 PCAT scores after the deadline.
Applicants who receive official notice of his/her conditional acceptance into the Pharm.D. program must submit a nonrefundable $400.00 seat deposit. A portion of this deposit will be credited toward his/her tuition and fees. The seat deposit is due 7 days after an applicant is given an offer of conditional-acceptance.
Interview Days 2018-2019
Applicants selected for interviews will receive their invitations via email.
All interviews are conducted at the UHCOP (applicants will be notified of their specific interview time and date via email). Each applicant's interview will last approximately 4 hours.
Friday, September 28, 2018
Friday, October 12, 2018
Friday, November 9, 2018
Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Friday, January 25, 2019
Friday, March 1, 2019
Friday, March 22, 2019
For more information
To review all our admission requirements in one place, visit our PharmCAS schoolpage for the University of Houston College of Pharmacy.
For questions regarding the PharmCAS application, refer to the PharmCAS website: www.pharmcas.org.
Applicants who have submitted the UHCOP Supplemental Application may direct their specific inquires to email@example.com.
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Student Services Center
4849 Calhoun Road, Room 3044
Houston, TX 77204-5000
Join our Mailing List
Sign up to Get Connected and learn about upcoming events and happenings.