UHV Presidential Search Committee AppointedTwelve-Member Committee to Conduct Nationwide Search
A search committee to select a new president for the University of Houston-Victoria was announced today by University of Houston System Chancellor Renu Khator.
Chaired by William Staples, president of UH Clear Lake, the 12-member committee will conduct a nationwide search before making its recommendation.
In addition to Dr. Staples, presidential search committee members include:
- Tom Butler - president, Victoria College
- Jane Fry - president, Faculty Senate/associate professor, education, UHV
- Dagoberto Gilb - executive director of Centro Victoria
- Yong Glasure - professor, business, UHV
- Miles Harrison, Staff Council chair, UHV
- Jan Jacob -- co-chair of the Crossroads Commission on Education
- Massoud Metghalchi - professor, business, UHV
- Paige Ruschhaupt - Student Senate president, UHV
- Cindy Schnebly - former president, Faculty Senate, associate professor, arts and sciences, UHV
- Kathryn Tart - dean of nursing, UHV
- Kay Kerr Walker - former UH System regent
About the University of Houston System
The University of Houston System is the state's only metropolitan higher education system, encompassing four universities and two multi-institution teaching centers. The universities are the University of Houston, a nationally recognized doctoral degree-granting, comprehensive research university; the University of Houston-Downtown, a four-year undergraduate university with selected graduate programs; and the University of Houston-Clear Lake, an upper division and master's-level institution, and the University of Houston-Victoria, a four-year undergraduate university with selected graduate programs. The centers are the UH System at Sugar Land in Fort Bend and the UH System at Cinco Ranch. In addition, the UH System includes KUHF-FM, Houston's National Public Radio and classical radio station, and KUHT-TV, the nation's first educational television station.