- A University of Houston researcher has earned a $1.8 million grant from the Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative to determine how the use of dispersants to break up an oil spill affects the natural cleaning role played by bacteria.
- A new social media movement that began at the Graduate College of Social Work aims to connect domestic violence victims to critical assistance through an easily accessible product.
- Smart product designs don’t only benefit consumers, they also benefit the environment. Sustainability is a major factor in the design and creation of many products ranging from electronics to recreational gear. Houstonians soon can view the future of sustainable design during the University of Houston’s first annual “ID + Green” showcase.
- Opera fans enthusiastically applauded the University of Houston’s Moores Opera Center productions of “Rappaccini’s Daughter” and “Frau Margot.” Both operas continue to earn ovations … including top honors from the National Opera Association.
- The UH System Board of Regents voted to adopt an official statement regarding academic expansion in Houston.
- University of Houston departments will come together on World AIDS Day to spotlight the issues surrounding this disease and share information.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.