UH Magazine Now Online
Need something interesting to read this summer? The latest edition of the UH Magazine is now available online. The magazine is a great way to see Houston's university from a new perspective. Read more …
Radical Research: Art History Professor Named Inaugural Postdoctoral Fellow
Assistant Professor of Art History Natilee Harren’s research on the avant garde art movement earned her a coveted fellowship from the Getty Foundation and the American Council of Learned Societies. Read more …
Time to Renew UH Employee Parking Permits
Faculty and staff permits are currently available for the 2018-2019 academic year. Please be aware, UH Parking and Transportation is rolling out several program changes, including new permit rates at the start of the fall 2018 semester. Read more …
Summer 2018 Flex Time Guidelines Announced
Colleges and divisions may implement a flex workweek for regular, full-time employees during the summer. Guidelines for participation are available online. Read more …
Faculty & Staff News
- Congratulations to Katy Badeaux, head of Faculty Services at the UH Law Center’s O’Quinn Law Library; Vince Lee, archivist for UH Special Collections; Santi Thompson, head of Digital Research Services; and Cherie Turner, instruction, assessment and engineering liaison with Liaison Services, who all received promotions. Read more.
- During the National Association for Campus Card Users annual conference Associate Vice President for Administration Emily Messa presented on UH’s new guidelines for creating and implementing an assessment plan for campus services. She developed the presentation with Manager for Administration and Finance Services Assessment and Evaluation Moumita Mukherjee. Learn more.
- Assistant Director of Events and Special Programs for the Student Center Lauren Sposato has received the Excellence in Volunteer Service Award from the Association of College Unions International. The award honors professionals for their commitment to the college union and their volunteer service. Discover more.
- Delaney Robinson, a UH Ph.D. student in geology, has been selected for an International Ocean Discovery Program research expedition. This two-month expedition, set to depart in January 2019, will chart a course through the Amundsen Sea in West Antarctica. Explore more.
- UH Law Center Dean Leonard M. Baynes moderated a panel during the 2nd Annual North American Environment, Energy and Natural Resources Conference. The engagement brought together oil and gas experts from academia, business and politics to examine energy issues. Read more.
- C.T. Bauer College of Business faculty are respected researchers and scholars who are frequently cited by the media and business community for their thought leadership and expertise. Beyond the classroom, there's a much larger story to tell. Learn more.
- The words “contemporary art” may be daunting to some, but Blaffer Art Museum at UH is dedicated to making it accessible to all. Contemporary art is often charged and controversial, adds Colleen Maynard, Blaffer’s director of security and visitor services, which can lead to a variety of reactions from viewers, from confused to inspired. Be inspired.
- The time to prepare for hurricane season is now. It is important to stay informed and to respond accordingly when inclement weather issues arise. Prepare now.
- After leading Houston Baseball to an American Athletic Conference regular-season crown, junior Aaron Fletcher and Head Coach Todd Whitting garnered two of the league's top honors, being named Pitcher of the Year and Coach of the Year. Adding even more accolades, four Cougars were named to All-Conference teams. Celebrate more.
- The 2017 President’s Report is now available online. Traditionally, the President’s annual report puts the past year into focus for its many stakeholders. This year's report serves as a special edition marking the 10th year Renu Khator has led UH, taking an appropriately broader perspective about the accomplishments of the last decade. Learn more.
- For the first time since 2005, both the UH Men’s and Women’s Track & Field teams are conference champions in the outdoor season after each squad won their respective American Athletic Conference Championships. Explore more.
- With the Fertitta Center seating map recently unveiled, fans may purchase season tickets for the 2018-19 season for as low as $175 beginning this summer. Fans also have the opportunity to purchase from a variety of luxury seating and priority chair-back options. Find more.