Big Ideas, Bold Moves Come to Life in 'Flirting with Gravity'
The University of Houston's Emerging Choreographers Showcase, "Flirting with Gravity," will spotlight student talents at 7:30 p.m., Nov. 19 - 21 in UH's Jose Quintero Theatre.
For a semester, students from UH's School of Theatre & Dance have developed and rehearsed dynamic new works. This annual showcase will premiere these pieces for Houston audiences. Included in this year's concert are the following works:
- "Between The Lines" - choreographed by LaCresha Walker
- "Cinco Cohibas" - choreographed by Kristina Prats
- "The Waiting Room" - choreographed by Birdie Gonzales
- "Blurr v. 5" - choreographed by Yahudi D. Castaneda
- "Eat Your Heart Out, Tom Cruise" - choreographed by Jonathan Colunga
- "180 lbs." - choreographed by Michael Baerga
- "...In Sound" - choreographed by Le Wilson
- "People Are Givers Or Takers" - choreographed by Reagon Rucker
- "Paper" - choreographed by Ashley Horn
- Untitled - choreographed by Mallory Horn
- "Alt + Ctrl + Del" - choreographed by Michelle Garza
- "Mindless Fiction" - choreographed by Birdie Gonzales
All student choreographers and performers have prepared these works with guidance from Karen Stokes, director of UH's Center for Choreography, as well as faculty members Teresa Chapman, Becky Valls, Jackie Nalett and Toni Valle.
UH is the only institution in Houston to offer a four year dance degree. For more details about the Center for Choreography and the dance department, visit http://www.theatredance.uh.edu/choreography/.
|WHAT:||"Flirting with Gravity" - UH Emerging Choreographers Showcase|
|WHEN:||7:30 p.m.,Nov. 19 - 21|
|WHERE:||Jose Quintero Theatre / Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center for the Arts at UH
Entrance 16 off of Cullen Boulevard
|WHO:||UH School of Theatre & Dance|