Congratulations and welcome to the University of Houston! As a newly admitted graduate student, you may be wondering about your next steps.
We look forward to having you on campus as a part of our outstanding graduate student community. Welcome to the Cougar family!
- You should have received your myUH ID, a seven-digit student identification number located at the top of your offer letter.
- Visit AccessUH to set your password, contact, and mailing information.
- Your destination email is your official means of communication with the university. The University will use it to notify you of any additional documentation needed, and update you with regards to orientation and enrollment.
- Prior to enrollment, you must provide official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities.
- After submitting your transcripts, you can register for classes through your myUH self-service, unless your college/department/program requires you to attend their orientation first.
- Be sure to schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor to discuss any questions you may have.
- Review the Academic Calendar and mark important dates on your calendar.
- The last day to add a class for the regular session of the fall 2018 term is Monday, August 27.
Graduate School Orientation
- The Graduate School will host an orientation for all newly admitted graduate and professional students on Tuesday, August 14.
- You will receive an email in the coming weeks with more information pertaining to this event. Visit the Graduate Orientation website for these details.
- Become familiar with the Graduate Catalog which contains policies, procedures, requirements, and deadlines relevant to all graduate students.
Pay Fee Bill
- In mid-late July, you will receive an email notice of your new account statement from the Office of Student Business Services.
- The fall 2018 payment deadline is Tuesday, August 14.