Psychology Computer Support Services
The Department of Psychology attempts to provide computer support to internal (Department-wide) users of computers provided by the University. Our primary focus is on continued access to the departmental network. To this end, we address both hardware and software problems. Our responsibility overlaps with both Information Technology Customer Services (ITCS) and Telecommunications. We work with them whenever necessary.
Psychology Computer Support attempts to provide the following services to the Department.
- Hardware troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of supported hardware.
- Software troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of supported software.
- Network troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair for supported machines. (Note: Problems with wiring or the network in general are the responsibility of Telecommunications.)
- Installation of software and upgrades on departmental servers.
- General support of computing in the Department of Psychology, including maintenance of the labs and consulting.
Department Technical Support is not responsible for:
- Account creation (see ITCS in the PGH Building).
- Electronic mail (except as pertains to the installation and setup of supported mail client software, please contact ITCS in the PGH Building if you have other problems or call 713-743-8531).
- Hardware or software not purchased by the Department for departmental use.
Send comments on these pages to PsychService@UH.EDU