It's Your Time To Be A Cougar Peer Educator, Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Peer Educator, or Well-being Influencer!
Applications are currently closed. Please email Frances Nguyen, Assistant Director of Wellness Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
We believe in peer education!
It is important to know that although professionals and other faculty or staff can provide students with a wealth of knowledge and ideas around living healthy, it is the PEER, who can really have an impact.
- Who is CPE? – Cougar Peers Educators are learning more every semester about health and wellness issues, and how to educate UH students about how to make healthier choices and safer environments.
- How is CPE trained? – Students who are chosen each April will be enrolled in a training program called the Certified Peer Educator Student Leadership Empowerment Training. Students will increase their leadership abilities, understand the basics of prevention, conduct educational programs, and provide awareness on health and safety risks.
By being a member of CPE, participants will be able to:
- Understand the roles of a peer educator and recognize the importance of peer-to-peer communication around health and wellness topics.
- Design and execute programs that seek to create change using the social change model.
- Model healthy behaviors to their peers that benefit their life.
If you would like members of CPE to come present to you about health and wellness, please complete the request at the following link: Request a Presentation