We believe in peer education!
It is important to know that although professionals can provide students with a wealth of knowledge around living healthy, it is the PEER who can really have an impact.
- Who is CPE? – Cougar Peer Educators (CPE) is a student organization dedicated to learning more about health and wellness issues and educating UH students on healthier choices and safer environments.
- How is CPE trained? – Students will be enrolled in a training program called the Certified Peer Educator Student Leadership Empowerment Training. Students will increase their leadership abilities, understand the basics of prevention, conduct educational programs, and provide awareness on health and safety risks.
By being a member of CPE, participants will be able to:
- Understand the roles of a peer educator and recognize the importance of peer-to-peer communication around health and wellness topics.
- Design and execute programs that seek to create change using the social change model.
- Model healthy behaviors to their peers that benefit their life.
For any questions, please e-mail Brittani Clarkson, Assistant Director of Wellness Programs, at email@example.com.