If you are interested in becoming a Police Officer at the University of Houston (central campus), please contact our Personnel Unit for information.
You can also view and apply for available positions by visiting the University of Houston Human Resources site.
|Senior Police Officer (+10 years experience)||$72.000|
|Assistant Chief of Police||$132,595|
Additional salary available based on years of experience.
- $100 a month for either 60 college hours or a TCOLE Intermediate certificate.*
- $200 a month for either a bachelor's degree or a TCOLE Advanced certificate.*
- $300 a month for either a Master's Degree or a TCOLE Master's certificate.*
- $10 a month Hazardous Duty pay per year of completed state service.
|Years of Service||Pay per Month|
|2 but less than 5 years||
|5 but less than 10 years||
|10 but less than 15 years||
|15 but less than 20 years||
|20 or more||
* Educational Incentive pay begins after 1 year of employment. Hours and/or degrees must be obtained from a junior college, college, or university accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, or its counterpart in other regions. An official, sealed transcript is required for the department to keep in the employee’s file if the employee wishes to receive incentive pay for college hours or a degree.