There are great opportunities to become a police officer, security officer, telecommunicator, and many other possibilities at the University of Houston Police Department! You can reach out to our Personnel Unit to get information about the available positions and their benefits.
If you are ready to apply, or want to see the current available positions, you can visit the University of Houston Human Resources site. Use the keyword "Police" to see all of the great opportunities at UHPD!
Below are the rates and benefits for licenssed peace officer positions at UHPD.
|Senior Police Officer (+10 years experience)||$72,000|
|Assistant Chief of Police||$132,595|
Additional salary available based on years of experience.
- $100 a month for either 60 college hours or a TCOLE Intermediate certificate.*
- $200 a month for either a bachelor's degree or a TCOLE Advanced certificate.*
- $300 a month for either a Master's Degree or a TCOLE Master's certificate.*
- $10 a month Hazardous Duty pay per year of completed state service.
|Years of Service||Pay per Month|
|2 but less than 5 years||
|5 but less than 10 years||
|10 but less than 15 years||
|15 but less than 20 years||
|20 or more||
* Educational Incentive pay begins after 1 year of employment. Hours and/or degrees must be obtained from a junior college, college, or university accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, or its counterpart in other regions. An official, sealed transcript is required for the department to keep in the employee’s file if the employee wishes to receive incentive pay for college hours or a degree.