- Take graduate classes (e.g. 18 credit hours under the “Plus 18 Partnership”)
- Not pursue a graduate degree
You have to apply as Non-Degree Objective (MTHNDM) student. Only U.S. Citizens and Residents are eligible to apply. If admitted, you’ll be able to start taking graduate classes. We offer a variety of graduate classes, including online classes under the MA program. Online graduate classes, in the MA program, are indicated as 5000 level courses.
Non-Degree applications require:
- Listing all your degrees and submitting transcripts
- Providing a personal statement; Please indicate clearly - (i) how many hours of graduate classes you would like to take, (ii) you do NOT intend to pursue a graduate degree.
Non-Degree applications do NOT require:
- Letters of Recommendation
If later you decide that you want to pursue a graduate degree (e.g. MA), then you’ll have to reapply and submit your GRE score and letters of recommendation. In addition, only 9 credit hours can be transferred from the MTHNDM program to any other graduate program.
Since non-degree students will be taking classes together with Master students, we would like MTHNDM students to have reasonably strong mathematical background. In particular, good grades in Calculus and Linear Algebra (or equivalent) are essential for being admitted into this program. Higher-level undergraduate mathematical classes such as Transitions to Advanced Mathematics, Differential Equations, Probability, or Algebra is a plus.