Our Service and Focus Areas
Service List and Summaries
- Cloud Computing
- Application Development
- Instructional Technology, Design and Multimedia
- MyNSM Store
- IT Support
- MyNSM Apps
Cloud Computing and Cyber Security
NSM IT has been at the forefront of adopting the cloud culture within the college by transforming the on-premise infrastructures into cloud service deployments, leveraging multi-vendor cloud technologies for improved business processes and academic activities, supporting research activities that involve cloud, and driving innovation and experimentation with cloud tools.
Our core team includes members with cloud computing expertise across various providers such as Amazon Web services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). We also strive for broader dissemination of our work by teaching short courses and through publications.
- NSM IT Tech Mini Courses (with renewed topics starting Fall 2022)
- Security in Cloud Computing – A Primer, Fall 2021
NSM IT operates servers and workstations across multiple platforms (Linux, Mac OS, Windows) and with a serious focus on the security of the systems and data. We also concentrate on security compliance and strictly adhere to the guidelines as prescribed by UH IT.
The NSM-IT Application development team provides in-house application development using AWS, Google, Azure, and MyNSM to offer solutions and services to NSM Academics, Research, and the Business community.
MyNSM includes the following web applications: Finance, Reservation, Inventory, Records, and Forms. MyNSM Finance provides purchase order approval process, accounts receivable invoicing and payment tracking, electronic reconciliation, and various user-friendly finance and payroll reports. MyNSM Records streamline form submission processes with digital documents and workflows. MyNSM Inventory and reservation provide an efficient and effective way of tracking and reporting equipment.
Instructional Technologies and Multimedia
The NSM-IT Instructional Technologies and Multimedia Team assists students, faculty, and staff in the college with a broad range of teaching/training, research, and learning tools to help improve academic experiences and business workflows.
Our services include:
- Instructional design and technology consultation for digital and face-to-face course delivery.
- Course learning management support and Technology-equipped classrooms support.
- Instructional technologies training.
- Multimedia production and web publishing.
- Technology-based troubleshooting and online meetings support.
- Andrea Arias-Rodriguez – email@example.com
- Ngozi Onwuama – firstname.lastname@example.org
3D Printing & Scanning
Make your ideas come to life with 3D technologies available from NSM-IT. Professional-level 3D services help you create prototypes that will convey your ideas and inventions to others.
The NSM-IT 3D printing service features:
- Free price quotes.
- Ultimaker 3D Printer with a build volume of 310 x 220 x 300 mm.
- Custom 3D prototyping and modeling services.
- Discounts of up to 30% for UH faculty, staff, and students.
- 3D Scanning objects of any size from a coin to a chair. The two-camera structured light scanner creates a surface mapping that can be saved in a number of 3D model formats.
Want to learn about 3D modeling/printing and do-it-yourself? - We'll help you get started.
Large-Format Poster Printing
NSM-IT has been offering large-format poster printing since 2003. Our Epson Stylus Pro 9900 larger-format inkjet printer uses long-lasting Ultrachrome HDR inks printed on professional, photo-grade paper, resulting in high-impact posters, information displays, and signage.
- UH faculty, staff, and students save up to 35%
- Premium photo-quality glossy paper
- Printing up to 44 inches wide, 100 feet long
- Wide-gamut, ten-color, pigment-based ink system
- Print permanence of up to 200 years *
- Ink lightfastness ratings are based on accelerated testing of prints on specialty media displayed indoors under glass. Actual print stability will vary according to media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or lamination or properly store them. Visit www.wilhelm-research.com for the latest information.
NSM-IT has provided multimedia development services for NSM faculty, staff, and students for several years. We provide professional HD video and audio recording and 3D rendering and animation services ideal for developing media for education. We can handle all your editing, special effects, and post production duties as well.
Additionally, we provide web design and desktop publishing services, meeting with the client to discuss requirements, design limitations, and more. Customers can gauge development progress and provide input throughout the entire process.
- UH faculty, staff, and students save up to 35%
- Broadcast-quality HD video recording and editing
- 3D modeling, rendering, animation, and effects
- Web design and desktop publishing
- High-quality video and lecture streaming