The LGBTQ Resource Center has selected the following as being informative. We can not verify everything stated on the websites, nor can we guarantee the current operation of the WebPages.
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States (SIECUS) – SIECUS asserts that sexuality is a fundamental part of being human, one worthy of dignity and respect. We advocate for the rights of all people to accurate information, comprehensive sexuality education, and the full spectrum of sexual and reproductive health services. SIECUS works to create a world that ensures social justice inclusive of sexual and reproductive rights.
- Pronouns - MyPronouns.org is a practical resource dedicated to the empowering and inclusive use of personal pronouns in the English language. This website will help you understand why and how to use the pronouns someone goes by. In particular, we are focusing on pronouns used to refer to a singular human in the third person.
Support and Resources
- Lambda Legal - Lambda Legal is a national 501(c)3 nonprofit organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, transgender people and everyone living with HIV through impact litigation, education, and public policy work.
- Transgender Law Center - The Transgender Law Center changes law, policy, and attitudes so that all people can live safely, authentically, and free from discrimination regardless of their gender identity or expression.
- The Trevor Project. - The Trevor Project is the leading national organization focused on crisis and suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth. 866-4-U-Trevor, 866-488-7386
- Trans Lifeline - Trans Lifeline is a hotline staffed by transgender people for transgender people. Volunteers are educated in the range of difficulties transgender people experience and are ready to respond to whatever support needs members of the trans community may have. (877) 565-8860
Family & Youth
- Parents, Family, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) National - Provides support and information for LGBTQ people and those who love them.
- Family Acceptance is a resource for parents of LGBTQ children.
- Association for Family and Community Integrity - AFCI's mission is to end the rejection of LGBTQ youth by advocating for them and educating their families
- How to Talk to Kids about Sexual Orientation and Prejudice – Mental Health America initiated this program that encourages parents and others to communicate and share values of respect with their children.
- Matthew Shepard Foundation - The mission is to support diversity programs in education and to help youth organizations establish environments where young people can feel safe and be themselves.
- Oasis Magazine has information, resource, forums, and more.
- Advocates for Youth is a website created by and for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (GLBTQ) young people take a holistic approach to sexual health and exploring issues of concern to GLBTQ youth, by providing information on sexual and reproductive health issues.
- DrugRehab.com - A web-based resource that provides research-based resources on substance abuse for free including specific LGBTQ+ related information.
- STDcheck.com makes getting tested for STDs a simple and convenient process.
- POZ is an award-winning print and online brand for people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS. The forum can help HIV positive people connect with others to ask questions, get support, and validation for their experience. The site also has personals for those interested. Look to the left-top drop-down for easier site navigation.
- LGBTQIA+ Friendly Alcohol & Drug Rehab Centers is a community based public benefit website connecting people to the addiction resources they need.
Military & Veterans
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ Facilities with LGBT Program Websites
- SPARTA – A group of LGBT people who currently serve in the military and our families as well as veterans and uniformed allies.
- Transgender American Veterans Association – Ensures that trans veterans receive appropriate care for their medical conditions.
- Transgender Veterans Support Group – A public forum for all transgender people and those who support them.
- Soc.bi - The Usenet soc.bi newsgroup is for the discussion of any issues related to bisexuality or of interest to bisexual people.
- BiNet USA - advocates for the bisexual, pansexual, and/or fluid communities.
- National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR) – NCLR works to change laws in order to advance the legal landscape for every LGBTQ person. Their programs focus on employment, immigration, youth, elder law, transgender law, sports, marriage, relationship protections, reproductive rights, and family law.
- Transgender Education Network of Texas - An organization dedicated to furthering the gender diverse equity in the State of Texas. We work to accomplish this through education and networking in both public and private forums. Through our efforts, we strive to halt discrimination through social, legal, legislative and corporate education.
- Texas Transgender Nondiscrimination Summit - A grassroots organization looking at strategic approaches on the issues of social justice and policy implementation in regards to the concepts of gender identity and gender expression.
- National Center for Transgender Equality - The nation’s leading social justice advocacy organization winning life-saving change for transgender people at the local, state, and federal levels through changes to laws, policies, and society.
- Center for Gender Sanity - has information on male/female dichotomies, transitioning on the job, information for employers, and more.
- Gender Infinity MAP (Mapping Affirmative Providers) - Gender Infinity is a transgender affirmative community that brings together helpful resources and makes the world a better, safer place. MAP is a resource database that filters by location and services.
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) - The vision of WPATH is to bring together diverse professionals dedicated to developing best practices and supportive policies worldwide that promote health, research, education, respect, dignity, and equality for transgender, transsexual, and gender-variant people in all cultural settings.
- Lynn Conway - this website is a major informational and support site for transgender people. There is a lot of text, but the information is very good and thorough. The second box of links is especially helpful.
- Organización Latina de Trans en Texas (OLTT - Latina Trans in Texas) - Somos una organización de base comunitaria, conformada por muejers Trans para personas Trans (Transexuales, Transgénero e Intersex) y nuestras aliadas, mantenemos nuestro enfoque de trabajo para la visibilidad y elegibilidad los derechos humanos y el bienestar de nuestra comunidad, mediante el empoderamiento, la organización comunitaria que permita fomentar una incidencia política en equidad e igualdad.
- Intersex Society of North America (ISNA) – is devoted to systemic change to end shame, secrecy, and unwanted genital surgeries for people born with an anatomy that someone decided is not standard for male or female.
- Accord Alliance - Accord Alliance promotes comprehensive and integrated approaches to care that enhance the health and well-being of people and families affected by disorders of sex development (DSD).
- The Houston Intersex Society - Aims to empower and enrich the lives of intersex people while working to end shame and discrimination through education, outreach, and support.
LGBTQ Political Organizations and Issues
- Human Rights Campaign works for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender equal rights. Also, has great resource and information.
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force - works to build the grassroots political power of the LGBTQ community to win complete equality.
- Marriage Equality - the nation's oldest organization dedicated to building equality for the LGBTQ community through civil marriage equality in every state and at the federal level.
- Hate Crimes - information about hate crimes, prevention, and resources.
- Baha’i Faith
- Believe Out Loud - An online community that empowers Christians to work for justice for LGBTQIA people
- Cathedral of Hope Church
The place for gay, lesbian, bisexual & transgender students from religious educational institutions since 1996.
- More Light Presbyterians
- Reconciling Ministries Network
United Methodists of all sexual orientations and gender identities to transform our Church and world into the full expression of Christ’s inclusive love.
- Religious policies on homosexuality
- Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse
- The Interfaith Alliance
- Women’s Alliance for Theology, Ethics and Ritual (Water)
Academic and Teaching Resources
- Project Biodiversity- Tools for promoting diversity and inclusivity in biology classrooms.
- Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) - GLSEN strives to assure that each member of every school community is valued and respected regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression. GLSEN seeks to develop school climates where the difference is valued.