To cultivate safe spaces on campus and within our Center’s programs, empowering LGBTQ students to develop their authentic identity, and become proud, successful, engaged members of the UH community.
No matter a student’s need or situation regarding gender identity and sexual orientation, the LGBTQ RC will provide a vibrant and stable group, program, service, or community that connects the individual with resources that support the student’s success.
Goals: Overarching goals in order of priority;
- Support: The LGBTQRC will provide support, resources, and a safe space for LGBTQ students of diverse backgrounds and abilities to help them cope with the adverse effects of prejudice against the LGBTQIA+ community
- Involvement: The LGBTQRC will provide training and leadership opportunities for our LGBTQ students of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Education and Awareness: The LGBTQRC will provide opportunities for campus engagement and education, to help create a campus environment of LGBTQ inclusion and equity for our students of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Interweave Diversity and Inclusion: into the ongoing operations of the LGBTQ Resource Center.
- Strengthen staff connections: within the division, partnerships on and off campus, and customer services.
- Development: The LGBTQ Resource Center will assist DSAES Development staff develop and maintain a continual source of donations for the LGBTQ Resource Center to expand programs and opportunities for student