The Kathrine G. McGovern College of the Arts at the University of Houston is home to the Blaffer Art Museum, Dudley Recital Hall, Elgin Street Studios, Jose Quintero Lab Theatre, Lyndall Finley Wortham Theatre, Moores Opera House and Studio 208.
Welcome! We’re glad you’ve decided to visit us at the University of Houston. Whether you’re here for an event, performance, exhibition, camp, festival, or audition, we want your experience to be an enjoyable one. We hope the parking information provided below will help make your visit to campus as smooth as possible. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Virtual Metered Parking/Text-to-Pay Before 3 pm
The University of Houston provides pay-by-the-hour metered parking Monday-Friday in Lot 16 (Zone C) before 3 p.m. Instructions on how to use Virtual Metered Parking/Text-to-Pay can be found here. Guests may also park in Elgin Street Garage.
After 3 pm & Weekend Parking
The University of Houston is full of activity on the evenings and weekends and offers visitors a $10 flat rate in Lot 16 (Zone C).
- Pre-Paid Parking
- How to pre-pay park
Click on the Pre-paid Parking Link
You will see McGovern College of the Arts Event Parking.
Search for the date of the performance you plan on attending, then click on the FIND TICKETS button.
Click on the quantity of pre-paid parking you need for that particular performance and hit ADD TO CART.
The total should be $8.00, make sure you have the correct performance/date and click CHECKOUT.
You will need to create an account.
When creating an account, add your personal information then click next. The next screen is where you add your payment information, then click “place your order to complete the transaction.”
- You will be emailed a receipt with a QR code, please print this page.
When you arrive, please present the QR code to the parking attendant to scan, then park in Lot 16 (Zone B).
- How to pre-pay park
- Cash to attendant - $10
- Virtual Metered Parking/Text-to-Pay - $10
- Signage will be onsite with instructions, including a text code. Instructions on how to use Virtual Metered Parking/Text-to-Pay can be found here.
- Elgin Street Garage - Pay for time parked.
- UH Parking Pass Holder - Free
How To Pay
HOW TO PAY with TEXT-TO-PAY
- Text the key word to 25023. (Key word is posted on signage at each location)
- Click on the link.
- Choose the amount of time to purchase.
- Enter license plate number.
- Select payment method.
- Enter name and card information.
- Make sure the transaction is complete before leaving your vehicle.
For new rates and other updates, check uh.edu/parking.
From I-45 South:
- Exit Cullen Blvd.
- Turn right on Cullen Blvd.
- Continue past Elgin
- Turn left into Entrance #16 (1st entrance past Elgin)
- Turn left at the stop sign into the parking lot
- Visitor parking is on the right
From I-45 North:
- Exit Elgin-Lockwood-Cullen Blvd.
- Turn left on Elgin
- Turn left into Entrance #18 (small street at light)
- Turn right at the stop sign in front of the Architecture building
- Turn right at stop sign into the parking lot
- Visitor parking is on the left