Staff Tuition Scholarship Eligibility
The Staff Tuition Scholarship Program is designed to support and encourage employee development through formal education. The employee is required to go through the regular admission processes and meet the relevant university admission requirements, including meeting semester application and credential deadlines. It is the employee’s responsibility to apply for admission to the university and be accepted in sufficient time to attend that semester before the scholarship will be issued.
The scholarship can be used only toward accredited classes at UH Main campus and UH Sugar Land.
For more information, please read the Staff Tuition Scholarship Guidelines.
Please review the following requirements for the Staff Tuition Scholarship:
- Degree program from the University of Houston (certifications and/or continuing education not eligible for scholarship)
- 100% FTE Staff position
- Pass Probationary period (6 months for non-exempt employees and 12 months for exempt employees)
- Not on performance probation
- Minimum of three credit hours
- Minimum of 2.0 GPA for returning students
- The employee CANNOT have outstanding debt to the University of Houston.