Skip to main content

Non-Immigrant (Temporary Visa) Worker

The hiring of nonimmigrant faculty and staff personnel requires a thorough evaluation of their immigration history to determine whether UH sponsorship is necessary and possible.  If sponsorship is required, it is then necessary to establish a realistic hire date given the visa and/or status process timelines, and identify other factors that may alter the hiring process.

Normally, those holding an Employment Authorization Card (EAD) may work for any employer in the U.S. for the duration of the EAD.  Workers that do not hold an EAD normally require UH sponsorship.  UH has sponsored staff and faculty in H-1B, J-1, TN, and O-1 classifications.