What is URD?
Undergraduate Research Day is hosted each spring by the Office of Undergraduate Research and Major Awards in collaboration with the Honors College and the MD Anderson Library. This event brings together hundreds of visitors to celebrate the work of undergraduate researchers across all disciplines who showcase their work in poster presentations. The 19th annual Undergraduate Research Day will be held Thursday, April 11, 2024.
Click Here to Submit a Poster. Make sure you have followed the guidelines on this page before submitting.
Who is eligible to present at URD?
Any currently enrolled University of Houston undergraduate student who conducted a mentored research project over the past year (Spring 2023 – present) is eligible to submit a poster for Undergraduate Research Day. Fall 2023 graduates are welcome. Group posters are also eligible.
- Posters must be submitted no later than Friday, March 1, 2024 at 11:59 PM. Please only submit final drafts.
- 2023 Energy Scholars Deadline: Wednesday, January 31, 2024 at 11:59pm
- All projects must list and be approved by at least one UH faculty mentor.
- Posters must meet sizing and logo requirements listed below.
In order to present at URD, final posters must be submitted by Friday, March 1 at 11:59 PM. We strongly advise all presenters to utilize our pre-made poster templates to ensure all poster requirements are met. Posters must be 40 inches by 36 inches (width x height) and include a university-approved logo.
Do not move, resize, duplicate, or change the color of the logos in these templates:
Submitting a Poster
Before submitting your poster, please take a final look and make sure your poster meets all of the following requirements:
- My poster meets the sizing requirements (40 in width x 36 in height). To check or adjust the sizing of your poster on Microsoft PowerPoint, select page setup under the file tab.
- My poster includes a University of Houston-approved logo that has not been stretched or compressed and has the correct amount of spacing surrounding it. The templates provided above already include an approved logo. For more information on branding guidelines, please consult the university’s branding guidelines or visit the UH Download Zone.
- The photos, images, and graphics on my poster are all high-resolution images. Pixelated or low-quality images will appear blurry when printed in a larger format.
- My poster includes my name, my mentor's name, and the names of any additional contributors. Colleges or departments are also listed beneath the presenters’ names.
- I have proofread my poster and can confirm it is well-organized and easy to read, free of any spelling or grammatical errors, and there are no overlapping images, text, or other graphics.
Submitting Individual Posters
If you are the sole presenter, submit your individual poster here.
Submitting Group Posters
Group presenters will submit one form for the entire group. Please designate one group member to complete the form on behalf of the group. That person will need the following information for each group member:
- Major and Minor(s)
- Contact information
- Shirt size
Information for Presenters
- Undergraduate Research Day 2024 will take place on Thursday, April 11th from 3:30 pm-6:00 PM at the MD Anderson Library.
- Presenters should arrive no later than 3:00 PM in order to check-in in time for opening remarks. Opening remarks take place from 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM and will be followed by an open poster session from 4 – 6 PM. Presenters are expected to be at the event for its entirety.
- We encourage presenters to leave all bags at home if possible. We will provide a bag check at the registration table.
- The dress code for presenters is business casual. All presenters must be wearing their red URD polo shirt provided by the Office of Undergraduate Research and Major Awards.
- Presenters are expected to help with set-up or tear down the day of the event. A sign-up form will be provided to you closer to the event.
- The deadline to submit a poster for URD is Friday, March 1. Once your poster has been submitted, no changes can be made! Please make sure to thoroughly proofread your poster and only submit the final version.
- This is an open event. Please encourage your friends, family, peers, and mentors to attend!