The Elizabeth D. Rockwell Center on Ethics and Leadership at the Hobby School of Public Affairs will provide funding annually for two UH faculty members to receive course releases (one each) in order to pursue research on ethics and/or leadership. Faculty Fellows will be expected to present their work during the year in the faculty seminar series and participate in other EDR Center events. The Center will provide funds to buy out one of their courses during the year.
Applications for faculty fellows are now being taken for the 2022-23 academic year. The deadline for submission is February 1, 2022. Faculty should submit application materials as one PDF to the EDR Center email address: edrcenter@Central.UH.EDU. Please write in the subject line "Faculty Fellow application," and cc Daniel Engster: firstname.lastname@example.org.Application materials should include:
- A CV;
- A one-to-three page (no more than 1,000 words) description of the article or project the faculty member will use their course release to work on during the 2022-23 academic year, including a list of target publication venues; and
- A letter of support from their Department Chair and Dean approving them for a course release for the 2022-23 academic year and indicating the cost of a course buy-out. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The course release can be coupled with other awards.
- Potential of the research to contribute to our understanding of ethics or leadership in some field;
- Feasibility of completing the research project (which might be part of a larger research program) during the academic year;
- The likelihood that the research will be published;
- The faculty member’s promise or demonstrated excellence in publishing scholarly works; and
- The faculty member’s commitment (past or future) to publish on ethics and leadership and participate in ethics and leadership activities.
In accepting the faculty course release from the EDR Center, faculty members are understood to commit themselves to active participation in EDR Center activities during the year of their fellowship.
For more information, please contact Daniel Engster at email@example.com•