Skip to main content

Foreign Currency Transactions

The University recognizes that funding for student educational expenses may need to be electronically transferred from outside of the United States. The university recommends that all funding for student educational expenses be transferred to a United States bank account of the student’s choice.
Western Union Business Solutions
Students can initiate a wire transfer to the university through Western Union by logging into myUH student self-service and following the instructions below:
    1. Student Financials
    2. Western Union Payments
    3. Enter payment amount Note:(Payment amount cannot exceed account balance, plus $1,000 or $10,000, whichever is less. Wire transfer services will be unavailable if no balance is owed.)
    4. Accept terms and conditions and select "next".
    5. You will then be re-directed to Western Union Business Services website.
    6. Select "Get Quote".
    7. Complete required information and print confirmation.
    8. Present confirmation and wire instructions to your foreign bank.
Quote must be presented to and approved by your bank. Transaction is complete when funding is received by the university from Western Union. If you have questions, you may call 713-743-1010, option 6.