The Diamond Family Scholars Program will provide each participant with seamless, personalized support through an integrated approach, from admissions to graduation. This integrated approach bridges students’ academic and financial realities and focuses on retention, graduation in four years, and post-graduation success. Program components include the following high impact activities:
- Summer Bridge orientation for incoming Diamond Family Scholars;
- On-campus residential living & learning community;
- Faculty and peer mentoring;
- First-year experience course;
- Opportunities for student leadership roles, on-campus student employment, internships, community engagement, and outdoor adventure experiences;
- Graduation preparation seminar;
- Post-graduation survey.
The Diamond Family Scholars Program will use a structured, individualized academic plan for each student based on the student’s unique characteristics including career aspirations, non-academic commitments, expected academic engagement, and financial need.