The MS in Nutrition admits students for the spring, fall, and summer terms.
- Spring term application deadline is November 15th
- Summer term application deadline is April 15th
- Fall term application deadline is June 1st
Contact us for application related questions
Applicants must meet one of these requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a dietetic internship, or
- Accepted into a dietetic internship with a documented start date, or
- Credentialed as a RD in 2008 or later and completed a minimum of 1200 hours of supervised practice, or
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, food science, food systems management or other health career-related subjects.
Completed University of Houston Graduate School application.
Official GRE scores sent electronically to institution code 6870 – University of Houston, Main Campus (Due to COVID-19 GRE scores will not be required for Spring 2021, Summer 2021, Fall 2021, and Spring 2022 MS Nutrition admission)
- Competitive applicants typically score above the 30th percentile with at least 3.5 on the analytical writing section.
If the applicant graduated from UH within the past 3 years and had a GPA of 3.4 of greater OR if the applicant graduated from a partner dietetic internship program** below and had an undergraduate GPA of 3.4 or greater, they are not required to submit GRE scores.
**Partner dietetic internship programs include:
- University of Houston On-site and Distance Internship
- Gulf Coast Dietetic Internship
- Priority Nutrition Care Distance Internship
Official transcripts from all prior institutions attended. Please submit transcripts electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Major GPA of at least 3.0
A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.6 is required to be considered for graduate school at The University of Houston
- Completed bachelor’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, food science, food systems management or other health career-related subjects.
Three academic/professional letters of recommendation
Your recommenders will be contacted automatically and asked to evaluate you through an online system. They should be encouraged to provide comments and/or upload a signed letter as well.
ALL supporting materials, with the exception of official transcripts, should be uploaded through the online application system.
Official transcripts should be submitted electronically to email@example.com