A part of CSI's Organization Registration process.
For information regarding Registered Student Organization (RSO) Registration/Re-Registration, visit the Center for Student Involvement’s Registered Student Organizations page.
Fraternity/Sorority Leadership 101 Online Training Now Available
In order to fully complete the RSO registration/re-registration process in the spring, two of the ‘Top 3’ officers (as listed within the upcoming RSO Registration) will need to watch the ‘Fraternity/Sorority Leadership 101’ video and complete the quiz if the organization did not attend in person. This session will serve to orient new chapter executive officers to CFSL-specific processes, procedures, deadlines, and expectations.
*attendance is verified by a score of 100% on the quiz.
At the University of Houston, the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) registers all student organizations through their annual RSO (registered student organization) registration process. Due to the immersive nature of fraternities and sororities, recognition as a fraternity/sorority is provided by CFSL (Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life) for the purposes of increased support. Previously, fraternities and sororities recognized by CFSL participated in a CFSL-specific RSO registration process, a partnership between CFSL and CSI (Center for Student Involvement). Effective Spring 2018, the following changes will be made to the CFSL-specific RSO Registration Process based upon student feedback:
- Within the RSO Registration Process (managed by the Center for Student Involvement), there will no longer be specific CFSL-focused Organization Orientation and Risk Management Sessions. Fraternities and sororities will attend the same RSO registration sessions as general student organizations.
- In order to fully complete the RSO registration/re-registration process in the spring, two of the ‘Top 3’ officers (as listed within the upcoming RSO Registration) will need to attend a ‘Fraternity/Sorority Leadership 101’ session. These sessions will be offered throughout the year and will serve to orient new chapter executive officers to CFSL-specific processes, procedures, deadlines, and expectations. Two ‘Fraternity/Sorority Leadership 101’ sessions will be offered each month during the Spring, with additional sessions offered throughout the Fall 2018 semester.
Why are these changes being made?
- Increased communication about CFSL-specific programs, deadlines, and processes. It is our goal to ensure chapter leaders are fully informed about all CFSL-related programs, expectations, processes, and deadlines. These sessions provide the ability for chapter leaders to acquire all of the important CFSL-related information they will need at the beginning of their term to ensure they are staying both informed of and engaged with CFSL staff, programs, services, and expectations.
- Increased opportunities to meet RSO registration requirements. There were limited opportunities to attend a CFSL RSO Orientation and a CFSL Risk Management Session. Participating in the general RSO Orientation sessions allows for students to pick from a greater number of attendance options, finding one that best meets their schedule.
- Increased schedule flexibility. As these sessions will be offered throughout the year, this will give chapter leaders the opportunity to meet this requirement early so they are fully prepared when the RSO re-registration season begins.
Fraternity/Sorority Leadership 101
'Fraternity/Sorority Leadership 101' has been transitioned to an online training.