If you are having issues with your romantic partner, or if your relationship issues are the main source of your current unhappiness, you might consider whether couples therapy would be right for you.
CAPS offers couples counseling for couples provided at least one partner is enrolled as a student at UH.
Couples counseling is often helpful because it allows your counselor to observe and help shape the way you and your partner are interacting. Because couples issues typically stem from both partners’ communication and behavior patterns, increasing awareness of these interaction patterns and learning to talk or respond to each other in new ways is often needed to make lasting changes.
Couples Counseling may be a good fit for you if:
- You don’t feel like your needs are being met in your relationship
- You and your partner have frequent arguments about the same things
- You don’t feel as close to your partner as you would like
- You don’t feel like you can be yourself in your relationship
- Your relationship feels draining and like it is “too much work”
How to Schedule an Appointment:
The first step in getting connected to serves is to walk in for a free brief assessment with a counselor who will discuss your needs and connect you to the service that is most likely to help you.