Blackboard Third-Party Tool Integration Request Guidelines
Some third-party vendors, such as Top Hat and Zoom offer integrations with Blackboard that allow users to connect to a service from within a Bb course. The following will guide you in requesting an integration.
The following items will be part of the review process and may be required for the request form.
- Business owner
- Are names and grades stored?
- Dates of service
- Documentation and web links
- Content Integration Agreement
UH IT Security approval of all integrations is required.
The process can take 60-90 days from time of request submission to production installation/launch
Complete and submit the following forms
- Third-Party Tool Integration Request Form
- Click SUBMIT (bottom of page) to submit this form
- Information Security Hosted Services Contract Checklist
- Complete fields above: Assessment of Information Security Items
- Below this line is completed by UHIT Security
- Download and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retain a copy for your records
Security and Contract Review
- Security review is performed by UHIT Information Security
- Contract review is performed by Office of the General Counsel
Install on Blackboard test server
- Test time varies, but is typically 2-3 weeks
Install on Blackboard production server (if approved)
- Release to users
- Contact helpdesk for support