Students will gain access to the revised class schedule on July 15. You will be able to confirm the mode of instruction for courses at that time. The available course delivery options are as follows:
- Hyflex classes have a safe number of students face-to-face in a socially distanced classroom, with lectures being live-streamed to allow students to participate in the class remotely. Lectures are also recorded for viewing by students online at a later time if necessary; with additional course materials posted online which can be accessed at any time.
- Synchronous Online classes have no face-to-face classes but do meet at a particular day and time in a virtual classroom. All class materials are available online and virtual lectures may be recorded to provide additional flexibility for students to view them at a later time.
- Asynchronous Online classes have no face-to-face classes or virtual meeting times. All class materials are available online at any time.
Here’s an example of how each type of class will be listed in the updated schedule:
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to find your enrollment appointment within myUH.
It begins on Monday, July 20 at midnight.
If I choose a Hyflex (Face-to-Face) course, will I be able to change to an online format later in the term?
Students may add or drop classes up to the last day to add via myUH for Fall 2020. Always review your options with your academic advisor and consider the billing schedule before considering add, drop, or swap options.
Some courses offer a waitlist. If a waitlist is available, you will have the option to be placed in the waitlist queue.
No, you will not be dropped or have to re-enroll in Fall 2020 classes. The University is deeply committed to students making timely degree progress. The revised fall schedule will retain all courses that were previously scheduled.
Hyflex refers to the course offerings that are available face-to-face. The mode of instruction will be displayed as Face to Face in the class schedule.
Students who enrolled in classes before July 5, will have priority to make revisions to their fall class schedule based on the dates listed below:
- On July 9, students will receive a future enrollment appointment date from the Office of the University Registrar should they wish to change the mode of course delivery once the revised class schedule is released.
- On July 14, the University will release the revised schedule listing each class’s final mode of delivery: HyFlex, synchronous online, or asynchronous online. Students will be able to revise their fall schedule beginning July 15 based on their enrollment appointment.
No, you will not need to cancel or reschedule your orientation. The ability to complete your orientation online and meet with your academic advisor will not be affected by the class schedule changes.
Enrollment appointments will be available on July 9. Please confirm your enrollment appointment in myUH.