Skip to main content

GI Bill

For students who have never used the GI Bill

For transfer students, students who are changing majors, and dependents using previously transferred benefits

For students who need tutorial assistance

For students interested in the work-study program

  • The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) offers student-veterans and military dependents a great opportunity to earn while learning. Limited work-study positions are available each semester at UH Veteran Services for those with a desire to assist the veteran community. To qualify, you must have a current Certificate of Eligibility from the VA and must have recently completed at least one semester of academic studies with a GPA of 2.5 or better. Interested persons should complete the linked application, sign, and email it to