Skip to main content

Visiting Students

Visiting students are those who have a high school diploma or GED and wish to take specific undergraduate coursework and is not pursuing a degree at the University of Houston.  

Visiting students are also known as “non-degree seeking” or “transient.” 

Steps to Apply

  1. Apply online at Complete the application for transfer students.
  2. Pay the non-refundable $75 application fee ($90 for international students) with a credit card, debit card, or check.
  3. Have your most recent official transcript sent to the University of Houston, Office of Undergraduate admissions, 4434 University Drive, Houston, TX 77204.

Additional Information

Visiting students are eligible to enroll for one semester or two summer terms only. 

Visiting students are not eligible for financial aid. 

A visiting student who wishes to remain at UH or plans to attend a future semester must reapply and be accepted as a transfer student.​