At the University of Houston, you’ll find degree programs that will pave the way to the future you envision—whether you want to build the physical foundations of the future as an engineer or architect, shape young minds as an educator, or study how far humanity has already come as an anthropologist. These are just a few of the areas of study available, taught by world-renowned faculty members.
You are a transfer student if you:
- are a student who earned 15 or more transferable hours of college credit after high school graduation (during fall/spring semester) and
- do not qualify for readmission and
- are a U.S. citizen, have applied for permanent residency, or qualify for Texas residency based on Senate Bill 1528
You are an international transfer student if you:
- are not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or
- are not graduating from a Texas high school after three years in residence in Texas (please review Senate Bill 1528) and
- have graduated from high-school or equivalent and
- have enrolled in a post-secondary institution, and has earned college credit after high school/secondary school graduation (during fall/spring semesters)
|Admission Type||Hours of College-Level Credit Earned||Minimum Required GPA|
|Assured Admission||15 or more*||2.5|
|Individual Review**||15 or more*||2.25 - 2.49|
*If you've earned less than 15 hours of college-level credit after graduating high school, you'll have to meet freshman admission criteria to be admitted.
**Individual Review: The University of Houston individually reviews applicants who do not meet the assured admissions criteria. Coursework and rigor is taken into consideration by a faculty-led review committee.Special Major Requirements │ Transfer Equivalency Guides | State of Texas Uniform Admissions Policy
Mail your most recent official transcript from all colleges and universities you attended using the address below. A school administrator can also email your official transcript to email@example.com.
Pay the nonrefundable $75 application fee ($90 for international students) with a credit card, debit card, or check.
Checks can be made out to:
|Term||Application Type||Open Date||Close Date|
|Fall 2018||U.S. Transfer||8/1/2017||7/13/2018|
|Spring 2019||U.S. Transfer*||8/1/2018||12/1/2018|
|Summer 2019||U.S. Transfer||8/1/2018||5/1/2019|
|Fall 2019||U.S. Transfer||8/1/2018||6/28/2019|
All required documents, fees, and test scores must be received by the deadline to be considered complete and eligible for consideration.
*Spring 2019 transfer applicants must have the application for admission submitted and fee paid by the deadline. Transcripts necessary to complete the application will be accepted until December 19, 2018. Applicants with coursework prior to the Fall 2018 semester are strongly encouraged to submit an official transcript prior to the final date to expedite processing.