All Venue Policies
- Food and beverages are prohibited.
- No unauthorized photography, videotaping, or recording of any kind is permitted.
- No children under the age of 6 will be allowed in
- Proper footwear and attire are required.
Standby Ticket Policy for UH School of Theatre & Dance
Once shows are fully sold out online, a
Patrons can purchase standby tickets from the box office window on a numbered, consecutive basis starting 60 minutes before curtain on the day of the show (first come, first served).
After purchasing standby tickets, standby patrons should assemble in the theatre lobby no less than 30 minutes before the performance, and an usher will line everyone up by the number on their tickets (i.e. the order in which the standby tickets were sold).
The house manager then takes a count of how many empty seats are left in the house. The house manager directs ushers to guide standby ticket-holding patrons into the house to fill the empty seats in order of the number on their ticket.
- There is no guarantee that standby ticket holders will be seated with their entire party.
- Standby patrons must take whatever seats are available; no refunds are given if the standby patron does not like the available seats.
- Once all of the empty seats are filled, any unseated standby patrons can receive tickets for an alternate performance or a refund from the box office.
- Any regularly ticketed patrons who arrive as standby patrons are being allowed into the theatre are given priority seating over standby ticket holders.
Late Seating Policies
Late Seating Policy for Jose Quintero Theatre and Studio 208:
Due to the intimate nature of Quintero Theatre and Studio 208, we do not allow late seating for any reason. Late entrances are both a safety hazard to performers and patrons as well as a disruption to everyone in the theatre. Additionally, if any patron leaves the theatre for any reason, they will not be allowed to re-enter until intermission. If a patron leaves for any reason following intermission, they will not be allowed to re-enter until the performance has concluded.
Late Seating Policy for Lyndall Finley Wortham Theatre:
Late seating is permitted with the assistance of an usher. Patrons must sit in the closest available seat in the back of the theatre and may not move to their assigned seat until intermission.
Ticket Policy for ALL Theatre Spaces:
Once the doors are closed and a performance has begun, tickets are null and void. Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.