There are times when having access to a printer can be a challenge. To address this, UIT provides two campus printer kiosks for students who are on-the-go and need to quickly print a document from their laptop or a remote desktop computer.
The printer kiosks are located:
Printer kiosks accept the Cougar Card as the only payment method. Cost per printed page is $0.02.
UH students receive a print quota of $7.50 per semester. Any amount that exceeds this quota will be billed to the student's Cougar Card account.
Required Printer Drivers
To use the kiosks, students must install the folllowing printer drivers:
Download drivers for 32-bit Windows 7, Vista and XP
Downloads drivers for 64-bit Windows 7, Vista and XP
Click on your desired driver in the list above. In the dialog box that appears, click Run to start the installation. If a security-warning box appears, click Run. When Package UIT Printer Kiosk Client Installer appears, click Install. After the installation, click Finish.
To view the kiosk printer you have installed, select Start -> Settings -> Printers and Faxes.
Printing to a Kiosk
Select Print from the File menu of your document. In the Print dialog box that appears, select Technology Commons or the GCSW kiosk. Click OK.
A password dialog box will appear. Enter your desired password and store it in a safe location as you will be prompted for it to release the print job from the printer kiosk. Retrieve your print job at the kiosk.
Retrieving Your Print Job
To retrieve your print job from the printer:
Other Printers On Campus
College of Architecture
- Plotters and printers in COA lab. For architecture students only.
College of Engineering
- 3 BW printers in COE labs. For COE students only.
College of Pharmacy
- 7 BW printers in Pharmacy labs. 3 labs in SR2 and 4 at the TexasMedical Center. For Pharmacy students only.
College of Technology
- 2 BW printers in COT labs. For COT students only.
Graduate College of Social Work (in addition to the Kiosk printer)
- 1 BW printer in the GCSW lab. For GCSW students only.
Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management
- 3 printers, 1 in each lab. 2 black and white, 1 color. For HRM students only.
RLH dorm labs
(Labs are locked and require Cougarcard of resident to open.)
- Calhoun Lofts. 1 BW printer in lab. Calhoun Lofts residents only.
- Cougar Village. 1 BW printer in lab. Cougar Village residents only.
- Moody Towers. 1 BW printer in lab. Moody Towers residents only.
- Oberholtzer Hall. 1 BW printer in lab. Oberholtzer hall residents only.
Proposed printers (before Fall 2013 semester)
- Bayou Oaks. 1 BW printer in lab. Bayou Oaks residents only.
- Cougar Village II. 1 BW printer in lab. Cougar Village residents only.
- Cougar Place. 1 BW printer in lab. Cougar Place residents only.
NOTE: The Writing Center has had printers in the past but will no longer have Uniprint after September 1, 2013.