- Computer accounts for UH faculty, staff, and students enrolled in classes for the purpose of supporting instructional, research, and administrative activities.
- Backup data stored on desktop computers, workstations, and servers. Copies are stored on a central server located on campus, with a second set stored offsite.
- Classroom Equipment
- Equipment checkout for classroom instruction, free training on classroom equipment, and assistance with designing multimedia classrooms.
- E-Communications Center
- Learn about official UH communications channels and collaboration tools, such as mass email distribution, SharePoint, and PIER.
- IP-DNS Service
- Systems and devices that require an IP (Internet Protocol) address to connect to the campus network should be configured to obtain their IP address using DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol). A static or fixed IP address is assigned only for devices that require them, such as on-campus networked printers and servers.
- Password Reset
- Forgotten password? Expired password? If the password is for a UIT account, use our Password Reset tool.
- Philo provides TV services to students living on campus. Philo is a next generation IPTV platform that allows viewers to watch content on their favorite devices. You can access Philo with a Roku device, smart TV, PC, tablet or smartphone.
- Printer Kiosk
- A printer kiosk for students.
- A suite of collaboration tools that makes sharing information easy.
- Download Windows, Office, Mathematica, anti-virus, identity protection, and network software at no charge for students, faculty and staff!
- Streaming Media
- Have your lecture captured and streaming online often minutes after class.
- A variety of telephones, telephone services, and wireless devices.
- Video Conferencing
- UIT will oversee a video conference at your facility or use one of ours.
- Audio & Video Production
- Broadcast-quality audio and video services are extensively used for research, instruction, documentation, and public relations purposes.
- Web Publishing
- A variety of information to assist you in creating a website. We have php resources, adding UH Google Search to a page, a link checker and more.
- Web Services
- Provides a variety of web publishing and web server support to University of Houston students, faculty and staff.
- Connect to our secure wireless network, view an FAQ and a wireless coverage map.
- Work Request Form
- Need a telephone, a long distance authorization number, a network drop in a wall, or some other network related task performed? Use this form.
- Webcams at UH
- University Webcams are managed by UIT in partnership with Facilities, Planning and Construction (FPC). Live streams of construction cameras can be found on this page.
- Web Technology Service Center (WTSC)
- Are you in need of solutions for you department? TSS can assist with those needs by providing customer application support and streaming services.