Occassionaly a new hire is unable to come to the HR Service Center to complete their Federally mandated I-9 form. If the situation meets certain criteria, Human Resources can provide the new hire with a Remote I-9 packet so they can be in compliance.
Prerequisites for Remote I-9 for Faculty and Staff
- Does the new hire live far beyond Houston or the surrounding areas?
- Will the employee not be on campus at least five (5) days prior to start date?
If you answered yes to the above criteria then, your hire may be eligible for a remote I-9. Please submit your request to Human Resources Employment by completing the fields below. Within no more than two business days, you will receive an email from Human Resources Employment regarding your request.
Remote I-9 Request
- Remote I-9 request must be received directly from the hiring department. The new hire cannot initiate the request.
- New hire must be in the United States.
- Visa/Foreign National documents (if any) must be delivered in person to Human Resources Center on campus.
- It is incumbent upon the new hire to pay any service fees applicable to the Remote I-9 Request. Reimbursment is at discretion of the hiring department.