Honors Advising Week prepares you for Priority Registration for Spring 2018 that begins at 8 a.m. on November 3. You may book an appointment starting the week of October 23-27 with any of the advisors below. Honors advisors (Andy Little, Larry Lyke, and Rita Sirrieh) can advise students of all majors. You SHOULD bring to your appointment your Honors Advising Form and Class Schedule Grid.
First-year students, don't forget to consult the Human Situation Enrollment Info.
SGB's Scheduling Spooktacular - October 31, 3-5:30 p.m. in the Honors Commons (Sign up online to join us!)
Appointments by Major
Student Services Office Advising ARC 151
Walk-Ins 9-12 PM, 2-4 PM
BUSINESS: BAUER HONORS
EDUCATION: Advising Information
HEP (Honors Engineering Program): Jennifer Dunn and Monica Sanchez, walk-in hours: Tuesday, 9:30-11 a.m. and Thursday, 1:30 -3:00 p.m. in Room E316
BIOE: Kaitlin Mallory at BIOE Advising Center
CHEE: Patrick Cirino | Jacinta Conrad | Lars Grabow (by assigned advisor)
CIVE: Bill Rixey
INDE: Ali Kamrani (contact Adreeka Lewis to schedule)
EE/ECE: Stuart Long
MECE: Ralph Metcalfe
PETE: Anne Sturm (ERP Building 9, Rm 219)
*Honors Advisors can advise students of all majors
Natural Sciences and Mathematics:
NSM Undergraduate Advising Center
TECHNOLOGY: Carlo DeasonPlease make an appointment to see Carlo Deason for advising by:
1. Coming by room 107 E T1, our Administrative Assistant’s office (Priscilla Strawbridge), to make an appointment,
2. Coming by room 107 B T1, my office to make an appointment,
Or emailing email@example.com to make an appointment (please give me a list of available times that you can come to see me between 9:00 AM-11:00 AM or 1:30-4:00 PM, Monday-Friday).
U SCHOLARS: U Scholars students should choose a General Honors Advising option above.
All current Honors students should meet with an Honors advisor in the week preceeding priority registration. To ensure a successful advising experience, we recommend taking the following steps to prepare for priority registration.
• Download the Honors Coursebook when it becomes available.
• Read and review the General Registration information located in the front of the Coursebook.
• Sign up online for an advising appointment.
• Complete your proposed class schedule on the Honors Advising Form before you see your advisor.
• Log into your myUH account to verify that there are no holds on your record that would prevent your registration. You should do this before priority registration opens.
• Register for your classes via your myUH account. Priority appointments for Honors students are staggered throughout the day.
• Pay fees by mail before classes begin. Specific fee payment deadline information can be viewed at the UH Financial Aid Site.
Make sure the Honors College has your most recent permanent and local mailing addresses. An address update through the University does not automatically update your address with the Honors College. Please update your address using this form.
Please complete the Honors College Change of Status Form online if:
- you are not participating in the upcoming registration cycle because you will be studying abroad or because you will not attend the University in the coming semester.
you are withdrawing from the University of Houston.
you are planning to continue studies at the University but discontinue studies in the Honors College.
Prior to registering for your final two (2) semesters, graduating seniors are required to make an appointment with an Honors College advisor. This appointment provides the student an opportunity to review their Honors College coursework and determine their Honors College graduation status. Students are strongly urged to make this appointment during the final semester of the junior year, or as soon as possible during the first semester of the final year.