2014 F.E.E.T. Scholarship
Congratulations to the 2014 F.E.E.T. Scholars!
Michi McMahon, a junior History major, and Audrey Cox, a sophomore pre-business major, will travel to Europe next summer.
Congratulations also to runners-up Omar Ali, John Hounihan, MacKenzie Daniels, and Dylan Senter. Each received a $1,000 scholarship, which will be applied to other study abroad opportunities.
The Faber-Economon European Travel Scholarship (F.E.E.T.) is an award specifically designed to introduce Honors students to Europe. Made available through the generosity of two Honors alumni, Hanneke Faber and Aris Economon, the goal of the F.E.E.T. scholarship is to provide Honors students who've never been "across the pond" the chance to visit Europe without having to enroll in classes or take time off from school.
Scholarship recipients willreceive airfare to/from Europe, a 2-week Eurail pass and a ~€750.00 stipend.
To be considered for the F.E.E.T. Scholarship, students must demonstrate:
- good standing in the Honors College and with the University of Houston (3.50 cumulative gpa, completion of the Human Situation sequence and a minimum of one Honors course per semester of participation in Honors (can be cumulative)
- completion of at least 3 semesters at the University of Houston and have at least 2 semesters remaining (Spring 2014 and December 2013 graduates are ineligible to apply)
- already possess or be able to obtain a passport by February 2014
- able to travel during May 11-June 8, 2014
- have never previously traveled to Europe (including the United Kingdom)