The Hobby School of Public Affairs’ Civic Engagement Boot Camp (CEBC) is a series of one day interactive sessions designed to teach the skills necessary to create positive change. Each workshop will develop and enhance the abilities required to lead effectively within any environment.
Workshops focus on various aspects of civic leadership. Individual workshops cover topics such as the following:
- Building individual capacity
- Understanding existing governmental structures and processes
- Developing representation on local government and non-profit committees and boards, and neighborhood organizations
- Building multi-sector (private, public and nonprofit) collaborations
- Using new and traditional media
- Broadening the civic participation of young people
- Acknowledging multiple perspectives
- Articulating a position
Civic Engagement Boot Camps feature speakers with demonstrated expertise and success in leadership positions in the public, private and non-profit sectors. While group exercises and discussions may sometimes pull you outside of your comfort zone, the outcome is strengthened civic responsibility and the tools to make a difference in your community.
Spring 2018 Civic Engagement Boot Camp: February 9
Details coming soon.