Mastering the Craft of Teaching: What helps our teaching thrive in the new, new normal?
Monday, November 15, 2021
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
What is the New Normal Now? Let’s discuss this in the UHFED Virtual Faculty Café on Monday 11/15
Hosts Lisa Farmer (Biology) and Rebecca Forrest (Physics) will interview a panel of UH faculty via the MS Teams link provided below on Monday, November 15th at 12:30PM.
Melody Yunzi Li (https://www.uh.edu/class/mcl/faculty/li_melody/)
Michael Murray (https://www.bauer.uh.edu/search/directory/profile.asp?firstname=Michael&lastname=Murray)
Susie Gronseth (https://www.coe.uh.edu/dir/coedirectory/faculty_template.cfm?id=618&CFID=873991&CFTOKEN=795602ff0cbe53c-6C5E4BEF-BF57-6F79-0DB2F33403CED79E)
Discussion Topics Include:
- How are you teaching now? (Online, face-to-face, Hyflex, other) How does it compare to how you taught pre-pandemic and last year?
- If you returned to face-to-face delivery, how did you manage the transition back?
- If you have continued online delivery, how is that working for you? What developments or modifications have helped online delivery be successful for you and your students?
- What’s your plan for next Spring and Fall semesters? What changes or new things will you incorporate into your future classes? What’s working? What did not work?
- How has your work/life balance changed since the pandemic?
- Has your department talked about long-term plans for incorporating new formats?
- How much flexibility are you given in choosing or modifying your course delivery?
- Do students have a say in the format of your course?
- What are students’ current perceptions or attitudes about online vs. Face-to-face vs hybrid formats?
- Where have our students thrived in the pivots we’ve made?
- Where have we, ourselves, experienced growth or new understandings as educators through the experiences of the past 1½+ years?
- UH Virtual Faculty Cafe