Nearing graduation but not quite ready to apply? In an effort to strengthen their application, many students complete postbaccalaureate or specialized Master's programs (SMP). These programs are designed for applicants who primarily wish to improve their overall academic standing or science GPA by taking additional undergraduate or graduate-level courses. Some programs may even include research and clinical opportunities as well as test-preparation.
If you are interested in re-applying to the University of Houston to as a post-baccalaureate student. You may do so by following these instructions. You are not required to complete another degree, but may simply take any additional undergraduate courses you need.
NOTE: The University of Houston does not offer a formal pre-Medical or pre-Health post-baccalureate program.
- AAMC Directory of Postbaccalaureate Premedical Programs
- NIH Postbac IRTA Program
- UC-Berkeley Post-Baccalaureate Accelerated Health Sciences Program [Online]
- Temple CST Post-Baccalaureate Program
- University of Houston - M.S. in Biology with Certificate in Biomedical Sciences
- University of North Texas Health Science Center - M.S. in Medical Science
- University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine - M.S. in Biomedical Sciences
- Texas A&M College of Dentistry Post Baccalaureate Program
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center- M.S. Medical Education Sciences
- Texas Tech University HSC - El Paso - M.S. Biomedical Sciences & Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program
- Baylor College of Medicine - Transformed Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Scholars Program
- Baylor College of Medicine - Post-Baccalaureate Certificate of Completion in Biomedical Sciences and Health Equity