This course is 100% online | Start anytime.
Become a Certified Phlebotomy Technician
Phlebotomy technicians are essential to proper healthcare worldwide as they are responsible for drawing blood needed for tests, donations, transfusions, and research. As the population ages and diseases spread across the globe, the need for qualified phlebotomists will only increase. This 100% online course will train you to work as a phlebotomy technician and prepare you for the Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) certification from the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).Enroll Now
Job Outlook for Certified Phlebotomy Technicians
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) forecasts 17% growth in the demand for phlebotomists between now and 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- The BLS also reports that the median annual wage for phlebotomists is $37,380 with top earners pulling in nearly $50,000 per year.
Certified Phlebotomy Technician FAQs
WHAT DOES A PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICAN DO?
WHERE DO CERTIFIED PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIANS WORK?
WHY IS THE DEMAND SO HIGH FOR PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIANS?
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE LIVE STICK WORKSHOP?
- Learn the medical terminology needed to work in phlebotomy, including the structures and functions of the human body
- Gain a comprehensive overview of the roles and responsibilities of a phlebotomy technician
- Get comprehensive training to help you gain new vocation as a phlebotomy technician and be fully prepared for any clinical scenario
- Prepare to sit for the Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) certification exam through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- Attend a 3-day workshop where you will meet the minimum live stick component to become a certified phlebotomy technician through NHA
Prerequisites and Requirements
To take this online course, you must be 18 years of age or older and have one of the following: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, entrance test, or previous healthcare experience. To qualify for the certification exam, a High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Please check with your state for any specific requirements they might have before registering for the course. In order to attend the workshop, you have to successfully complete the ed2go course and meet eligibility requirements.
- Medical Terminology
- The Musculoskeletal System
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Lymphatic and Immune Systems
- The Respiratory System
- The Digestive System
- The Urinary System
- The Nervous System
- The Special Senses: The Eyes and Ears
- The Integumentary System
- The Endocrine System
- The Reproductive System
- Diagnostic Procedures, Nuclear Medicine, Pharmacology
- Medical Terminology
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician
- Introduction to Phlebotomy
- Anatomy for Phlebotomy Technicians
- Personal and Patient Safety
- Infection Control
- Quality Control
- Foundations and Preparation for Blood Collection
- Performing the Blood Collection
- Post-Collection Procedures
- Dermal Puncture and Capillary Collection
- Post-Collection Procedures for Dermal Puncture and Capillary Collection
- Special Collections
- Special Considerations
- Non-Blood Collections and Less Commonly Performed Procedures
- Lab Procedures, Processing, and Operations
- Legal and Ethical Matters
Registration and Enrollment
This course is open enrollment. You can enroll and begin anytime.