This course is 100% online | Start anytime.
Prepare for the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) Exam Online
Dental assistants play a valuable role in any dental care team, often handling a variety of tasks from assisting with treatment procedures to administrative duties. This 100% online course will help you gain the technical skills you need to join a dental office as a clinical dental assistant. Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive vouchers to sit for the Anatomy, Morphology, and Physiology (AMP), Infection Control (ICE), and Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) portions of the Dental Assisting National Board examinations.Enroll Now
Job Outlook for Clinical Dental Assistants
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary of a clinical dental assistant is currently just over $40,000 per year.
- Employment is projected to grow by 11% through 2030, which is considered much faster than average. Ongoing research linking good dental health with good overall health is driving this growth as demand for preventative services continues to increase.
Clinical Dental Assistant FAQs
WHAT DOES A CLINICAL DENTAL ASSISTANT DO?
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO BECOME A CLINICAL DENTAL ASSISTANT?
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A CERTIFIED DENTAL ASSISTANT?
WHAT KIND OF HOURS DO CLINICAL DENTAL ASSISTANTS WORK?
WHERE DO CLINICAL DENTAL ASSISTANTS WORK?
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CLINCAL AND ADMINSTRATIVE DENTAL ASSISTANT?
- Real-world perspectives from experienced dental assistants
- Essential information about anatomy and physiology, preventive dentistry, patient care, and communication, radiology, pharmacology, anesthesia, assisting in specialty practices, employment strategies, and much more
- Explore the basics of maintaining computerized clinical dental records using Dentrix Practice Management software
There are no prerequisites to complete this course. However, candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent to sit for national certification exams.
- The Dental Profession
- Communication Skills
- Ethics for the Dental Assistant
- Basic Dental Sciences
- Dental Anatomy
- Oral Pathology
- Infection Control
- Hazardous Materials
- Caring for Exceptional Patients
- Pharmacology for the Dental Assistant
- Emergency Management
- Oral Health and Nutrition
- The Dental Office
- Dental Instruments
- Introduction to Chairside Assisting
- New Patients and Charting
- Introduction to Dentrix Learning Software (Optional)
- Anesthesia and Sedation
- Preventative Care
- Radiation Health Safety
- Extraoral and Digital Radiology
- Dental Emergency Procedures and Amalgam Restorations
- Composite Procedures and Laboratory Materials
- Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics
- Dental Specialties
- Dental Implants and Fixed Prosthetics
- Computerized Restorative Systems and Removable Prosthodontics
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Practice Management
- Your Dental Career