Alexander P. Litvinchuk
Research Associate Professor
Department of Physics
Office: Houston Science Center, 307
Lab/Center Affiliation: Texas Center for Superconductivity at UH
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - 713-743-8309
Education: D.Sc., Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences, Kyiv, Ukraine ; Ph.D., Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences, Kyiv, Ukraine; M.S., Solid State Physics and Spectroscopy, Kyiv National Shevchenko University, Ukraine
Google Scholar Profile
Research Gate Profile
Dr. Alexander Litvinchuk is the principal investigator of the Raman and Infrared Research Laboratory at the Texas Center for Superconductivity at University of Houston (TcSUH). His research activities are focused on experimental and theoretical study of a broad class of advanced materials such as high-temperature superconductors, magnetic oxides, coated superconductors and semiconductors on flexible substrates, thermoelectric and photovoltaic materials. Experimentally optical, vibrational and electronic properties of these materials are accessed thought polarized Raman and infrared spectroscopies in the temperature range between 5K and 700K, including high spectral as well as spatial resolution imaging. Theoretical modeling and calculations of properties (density functional theory, shell model etc.) are widely employed for interpretation of experimental findings.
Dr. Litvinchuk has coauthored over 230 peer review scientific publications in leading scientific journals, a number of review articles and book chapters.
Honors and Awards
- European Community Fellowship, Technical University of Berlin (Germany), 1997-1995;
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Equipment Donation Grant (Bonn, Germany), 1992;
- Fellowship of the Max-Planck Society, Max-Planck-Institute for Solid State Research (Stuttgart, Germany), 1992;
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, Max-Planck-Institute for Solid State Research (Stuttgart, Germany) 1991, 1990;
- Honor Medal of the National Academy of Sciences (Kyiv, Ukraine), 1988;
- Junior Scientist Excellence Award, Institute of Semiconductor Physics, Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences (Kyiv, Ukraine), 1986, 1985, 1984, 1983.
- Member, American Physical Society
- Editorial Board Member, “Asian Journal of Spectroscopy”