The College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics administrative, research and teaching space occupies all or parts of several buildings on the University of Houston campus. Numerous cutting-edge research centers and facilities allow faculty and students to engage in interdisciplinary, collaborative research.
On campus, NSM activities occur in the following facilities:
- Science and Research Building 1
- Science and Research Building 2
- Science and Engineering Research Center (SERC)
- Science and Engineering Classroom Building (SEC)
- Lamar B. Fleming Building
- Science Teaching Laboratory Building
- Houston Science Center
- Phillip G. Hoffman Hall
- Health and Biomedical Sciences Building
The SERC/SEC complex includes a 550-seat auditorium. The research building features five floors with state-of-the art research labs and a high-tech clean room.
The Science Teaching Laboratory Building houses undergraduate biology and chemistry teaching labs on the first three floors. The fourth floor is designed for research labs.
Additionally, several of the College’s buildings are undergoing renovations to provide enhanced student services and improvements to teaching, laboratory and research space.