Redirect Requests | Subdomain Requests
A redirect is a 'short-hand' URL that forwards the site visitor to another specified website, usually one which is otherwise reached through a longer, more detailed URL.
These custom short-URLs are available on a first-come-first-serve basis and are subject to final approval by University Marketing.
To obtain a short URL for your site:
- Contact your Marketing/Communication office and get URL approval prior to submitting the form below.
- Please request a sub-directory (e.g. uh.edu/anything) using the request form below.
- Redirects pointed outside of the uh.edu domain will not be approved or implemented.
- Redirect destination websites must adhere to brand guidelines and have brand approval.
* Most requests are fulfilled within 48 hours. All URLs request must be approved by Web Marketing and may delay the fulfillment of your request.
All requests for subdomains (e.g. anything.uh.edu) should be made through the IP/DNS Management System.
Please keep in mind, we do not provide sub-domain redirect services. Sub-domain redirects are much more complex to setup, and are not shorter than sub-directory redirects, which can be created and modified quickly and easily.
Redirects pointed outside of the main uh.edu domain will not be approved or implemented.
Please note: Owners of uh.edu subdomains must request and be approved to be included in search indexing for the UH website. Contact: email@example.com.